Students will learn how to create their online webcast show (name of the webcast show, create a logo, develop the structure, plan the content), and live stream to one or more platforms at the same time.
Students will work on presenting their online webcast show to potential sponsors and learn how to put together the ads for their sponsors (video and flyers) that they’ll share during streamings.
Camera to record the videos the students will create for Galileo Students Webcast Channel on YouTube.
Students should be able to develop the concept of their own webcast show, work on their webcast structure and content, stream live through any of the platforms they’ve chosen, add banners/ads, and share screen content during the live webcast.
Plan per Weeks
Week 1: Introduction to Webcasting
- What’s a Webcast and what’s live streaming?
What do you need to become a Webcaster?
- Your Projection and research
- Your Appearance
- Your background Groups divided into breakout rooms (consistent throughout the class).
Week 2:Structure of your Webcast
Determining what kind of broadcast show you’ll have and its content
- Informative, talkshow, fashion, video reactions, etc.
- Planning ahead (topics of the month, guests, time allocation for every guest)
Develop the webcast structure, length, date, and time
- How long you’ll stream
- How many ads, sponsors, flyers and videos you’ll share during the live stream
- Determine in which order you will present your content (videos, interviews, sponsors, etc).
- Determine the day and time you’ll choose to stream
- Tools or apps used to broadcast.
Week 3: Branding and Sponsorship
- Choose a name and create the logo for your broadcast show.
How to Create a media kit to present to potential sponsors
- Apps used to create the media kit.
- How to Create the ads (videos and flyers)
An account in StreamYard to broadcast with the free account.
- Share other potential broadcasting apps.
Week 4: Project’s Presentation
- Present their broadcast show on the Galileo Students BroadcastTV Demo Channel. Stream their broadcast show for 5 to 10 minutes. Include their sponsors’ videos and/or flyers when they’re streaming.
About the Facilitator
Keila Moreno graduated from Universidad Latina of Panama in 2006. She has a bachelor degree in Marketing and Advertisement with an emphasis on Sales. Keila has a radio and TV host license and has her own Broadcast Show on YouTube. Keila is also accompanied by a friend on her Broadcast show where she is the host and the producer.