Learn how to design and implement a super forest that helps the environment and the planet and gives you fruits, veggies, attracts animals, and can even become a business! It’s the real-life sim city of forests!
- Students will become familiar with the Regeneration of Nature concepts through Syntropic Agroforestry or Food Forest.
- Learn about a model of interacting with nature in a way that will encourage them to become co-creators.
- Work collaboratively to understand nature and the place it reserves for all species to thrive in abundance.
- Develop project planning and designing skills.
- Through implementing their designs, students will acquire management skills too.
This bootcamp encourages positive leadership as students are on route to becoming change-makers. By the end of the four weeks, they will be able to design, plan and implement their own “Powerful Forest”. This process will help students realize the importance of creating an edible landscape instead of pine trees and moss.
About the Facilitators:
Izabella and Mathias are from a multicultural background, namely, Brazilian-Portuguese and French-Turkish. After working for several years in the corporate world, Izabella for YouTube at Google and Mathias as Environmental Engineer in Paris, they took off on a journey to follow their true passion: helping regenerate people and nature. They travelled for two years to learn about Permaculture, Meditation, Yoga for children. In Indonesia, they had their first contact with Syntropic Agroforestry, a revolutionary system and concept that is regenerative for the land and communities. That’s where they had their “A-ha moment”! It was love at “first-seeding”. They decided to dive deeper into it, so they went to Brazil to study hands-on with the first developers. Since then, they’ve been teaching adults and farmers how to implement this model in Europe.
Join the Free Learning Network
Join thousands of other families interested in self-directed learning, and get access to tons of resources for your children!
We are accepting new Galileo students every week, so your children don't have to wait until the next school year to start their personalized learning journeys.