We need a blogger to help with our content marketing for an independent, online school, unlike any other school you’ve encountered before. We are forward-thinkers with our sights on the future and write content that aligns with our values.
- A passion for learning
- Open-minded and globally conscious
This job is for you if you are…
Interested in alternative education
Open minded, forward-thinking, and willing to learn quickly
Experienced in writing some blogs
Have basic SEO knowledge and don’t need to be trained in this OR willing to learn on your feet, with little to no supervision (independent and quick learner needed)
- Can use keywords naturally in a blog
- Can write a blog based on an idea, general word count, keywords, and some content (videos, interviews)
- Can write meta tags, meta descriptions, optimized URLs, social media card excerpts, and make suggestions for improvements
- Need to be able to implement copywriting techniques to write catchy headlines using SEO best practices
- Have good writing skills and willing to improve (if needed) by following templates from trusted resources like Copyhackers, to create blogs that are of high quality
Our online Magazine needs a mixture of blogs, such as summarizing & optimizing video recordings or writing SEO optimized pieces that can help answer questions for our readers. The target audience is mainly parents, although we will be writing some pieces for inspired educators as well.
We put out content in line with our events which are often and each with their own topic.
There will be moments where time is a pressure and you will need to turn over a blog in a couple of days. Usually we will be organizing the content calendar so that you have at least a couple of weeks notice for blogs and can write according to priority.
Please include the word SELF-DIRECTED in your application to show you read this far.
Is this a great fit?
Join the Free Learning Network
Join thousands of other families interested in self-directed learning, and get access to tons of resources for your children!
We are accepting new Galileo students every week, so your children don't have to wait until the next school year to start their personalized learning journeys.