At Galileo, We Believe That...
- Are curious beings and when they are given agency, or control, of their time and ample relevant resources, they will develop the knowledge and skills they need to live fulfilling lives.
- Learning is an "Open-Walled" experience, learning is not limited to specific locations, people, or places, but rather can occur at any time anywhere.
- Define Success for themselves.
- Believe learning is a lifelong journey and value that we can learn from each other at any age.
- Value downtime for introspection and truly understanding oneself
In Our Community
- Everyone is a learner
- There is a place for everyone to belong
- Our differences are an opportunity for learning, we are an inclusive community and do not discriminate.
- Really seeing the world (though travel) and reflecting on cultural differences and similarities is an important element in developing one’s sense of identity.
- Coaches, mentors, and accountability partners provide scaffolding for reaching goals and support for discovering interests and ideas.
- An equitable education meets learners where they are and supports them in reaching their goals
Our Learning Experiences
- Socially embedded, we recognize that relationships are key to learning, by honoring this we are able to create meaningful and fun learning experiences, and also honor the learning that occurs naturally in social spaces.
- Are contextualized, our learning experiences have real-world applications
- Are leveled based on competency, as demonstrated in practical applications, rather than solely by fact-based knowledge or age.
- Honor that learning happens in structured and unstructured environments
- Are flexible to support learners' interests, goals, and starting points.
Our Families Are
- Committed to supporting and affirming their children as whole people
- Their kid(s) first teachers and partners in life. Families understand they are always the foundational guides, support pillars, and cheerleaders for their young people and are needed for success.
- Continuously learning, and growing
- Involved in the learning and parent communities, by seeking and/or offering support to strengthen our community.
Your Self-Directed Education Journey Starts With A Forward-Thinking Community
Enter the gateway to Galileo. You can join the Parent’s Community, discover educational resources, and start your child’s application to Galileo. Empower your kids to love learning, thrive, and adapt to an ever-changing future.